Thursday, February 17, 2011

Esperanza Spalding Wins Best New Artist at 2011 Grammy’s



Justin Bieber and fans where not happy when Esperanza Spalding won the Grammy for Best New Artist, mostly teenage girls. Spalding, 26, has been making headlines in the jazz world with her jazz/chamber music and singing and much of the older crowd (not teenage girls) think that she deserves this win. Spalding graduated from the Berklee Academy of Music at the age of 20. She was picked by President Obamat o perform at the White House as well as the Oslo City Hall where he accepted his Nobel Prize in 2009.
Esperanza Spalding commented about her Grammy win:
“I feel really lucky that I got to be acknowledged on this stage in front of so many people who hopefully will get to experience my music, and I got there by doing what’s really dear to my heart.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

celebrity hot news. posted by Defri Wicaksono