Sunday, February 13, 2011

Emily Blunt Talks 'Gnomeo and Juliet,' Potentially Working With Husband John Krasinski



Emily Blunt won our hearts as Meryl Streep's assistant in 'The Devil Wears Prada,' then further cemented our love with her turn in 'The Young Victoria.' The 27-year-old English actress, married to 'The Office' star John Krasinski, talked with PopEater about voicing Juliet in Disney's 'Gnomeo & Juliet.'

You were in a real production of 'Romeo and Juliet.' What was more creatively satisfying? [Laughs] To be honest, it's such a challenge to do Shakespeare, especially to play Juliet, which is an incredible role but one that takes extraordinary leaps and turns. It's kind of an emotional rollercoaster to go on, so I think if you got through a performance and you really lived through what the character lived through, I found that really rewarding and exciting. You're kind of drained by the end of it. I really liked that feeling. It's hard to compare to a cartoon voice because it's such a different discipline.

Really? How does voicing a cartoon differ?
Because I'd basically turn up in my pajamas and just do 100,000 readings of each line until I got something. It's a different discipline in that I didn't realize how much you have to read, in just the voice, when you take the face away and take expressions away. It leaves the voice quite vulnerable to sounding flat. I was kind of leaping around and gesturing and doing crazy facial expressions to get my voice to sound really lively.

Did you have approval of how Juliet looked?
Not really. They showed me the pictures, and I just thought she was so cute, so I was very happy straight away. They filmed me while I was doing the voice-over, so they could mimic some of my facial expressions. That will be weird when I see it because I've only seen bits of it. It was interesting watching a few scenes because I'd see her do some expressions, and I'd think, I definitely do that. It's weird.

Have you asked for all the merchandise?
I haven't even thought about that to be honest. I'd like a little gnome though, that would be nice.

Please, two words: Party plates. You could be eating off your face.
That would be strange and a little self-indulgent.

How is it being married to one of the cutest men in the entire world?
Pretty awesome, actually.

Ever look at him and think, OMG, you are so cute! I would.
[Laughs] I'll tell him you said that.

And the two of you together, it makes my teeth hurt.
Like when babies are so cute you want to bite them?

Ever been tempted to bite his fingers off?
Oh god, that would be telling.

Do you two want to work together?
I think we would like to. It would have to be the right thing.

Hello! Why aren't you guesting on 'The Office?'
Well, if they'd have me...

I think you need to be a little Yoko Ono.
Oh, you don't want to do that! I think I'm probably going to get into deep water.

Favorite food?
I love Mexican food. It's just wildly exciting to me. I really like Taco Bell. Actually I try not to like it.

Feel guilty when you eat it?
Horrible the next morning. It feels awesome as it's happening, and the next morning you're like, "Ah f**k. Why did I do that?"

Drink tequila, too?
I do quite like tequila.

Do you eat the worm?
Never! Who does that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

celebrity hot news. posted by Defri Wicaksono